Bienvenue! Welcome to Exploratory French! 7thgrade French meets everyday for one quarter. Le français is a beautifullanguage similar in ways to Spanish since it is a Romance language. WhileFrench pronunciation is different from Spanish, it is not hard to learn, andyou can get tips from my website to practice at home. I hope that youenjoy the class! Bonne chance! Good luck!
Les regles: (Class rules)
• Be prepared for class (pencil – no pen!) (You must bring your manual to class every day and take it homefor homework). Failure to bring manual will result in a zerofor each day forgotten.
• Raise your hand to participate in class discussions.
• Be respectful.
• pencils (no pens),colored pencils, and markers for in class projects.
You will be graded on the following:
• Quizzes/tests – 50% of grade
• Homework - 10% of grade
• Quarter project – 20% of grade
• Projects/assignments – 15% of grade
• Course manual check – 5% of grade
Expectations for success-
• To participate and to practice speaking French.
• To strive for excellence in assignments/projects.
• To be organized and prepared for class.
• To keep a positive attitude!
Goals for Exploratory French: to learn about French language and cultureand to speak some French. You will belearning basic conversation in class and will learn to ask for what you need inFrench.
I will be available during lunch or after school for extrahelp. Homework assignments will bewritten on the board daily and available on the Homework Hotline. If you areabsent, please check with me to makeup your work.
World Languages Parent signature: ____________________
Homework Hotline: 5165