Title I Manoa Elementary School Parent Involvement
The Title I Parent Involvement section of the No Child Left Behind Act
(NCLB) requires each Title I school to develop a written parental involvement
policy that describes the means to carrying out the requirements of Section
1. Parents will be involved in the planning, review and improvement of
the school's Parent Involvement Policy by review at the annual Title I meeting.
2. An annual meeting will be held to inform parents to inform parents of
the school's participation in the Title I program and to explain the
requirements of the program and their right to be involved.
3. Manoa Elementary School will hold parent meetings, including parent
conferences, will be held at different times during the day.
4. Title I funds may be used to pay reasonable and necessary expenses
associated with Manoa Elementary School’s parent involvement activities including
transportation, childcare, or home visit expenses to enable parents to
participate in school-related meetings and training sessions.
5. Parents will be involved in the planning, review, and improvement of
the Manoa Elementary School’s Title I program by conducting an online survey, conducting
calls to parents, through PTO meetings, and teacher conferences at back to
6. Manoa Elementary School will provide parents of participating children
with timely information about the Title I program by sending a letter and
holding meetings during the school year.
7. Manoa Elementary School will provide parents of participating children
with a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the school, the
forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the
proficiency levels students are expected to meet by a presentation at an annual
Title I meeting and working with the teacher at parent conferences.
8. Manoa Elementary School will provide assistance to parents in
understanding the State's academic content standards and student achievement
standards, local academic assessments and how to monitor a child's progress and
work with teachers to improve the achievement of their children by a presentation
at an annual Title I meeting and working with the teacher at parent conferences.
9. Manoa Elementary School will provide, if requested by parents,
opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and to participate,
as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and
respond to any such suggestions as soon as practicably possible.
10. A school-parent
compact will be jointly developed with parents and the compact outlines how
parents, the entire school staff and students will share in the responsibility
for improved student achievement.11. Manoa Elementary School will provide materials
and training to help parents to work with their children to improve their
children's achievement, such as literacy training and using technology, as
appropriate, to foster parent involvement.