Student Working Papers Instructions and Online Application
Regulations for Student Hours of Employment:
Ages 14 & 15 (Transferable Working Permit)
* Maximum of 3 hours on a school day (18 hours in a school week)
* Maximum of 8 hours on a non-school day (40 hours in a non-school week)
* May not work after 7pm or before 7am during the school term (may work until 9pm during summer vacation)
Ages 16 & 17 (Transferable Working Permit)
* Maximum of 8 hours on any given day (28 hours Monday through Friday plus an additional 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday – maximum 44 hours per week)
* May not work after midnight Sunday through Thursday or before 6am any day (may work until 1am on a night preceding a non-school day)
Where to obtain PA State Working Papers:
If you live within the Haverford Township School District, you may obtain an application on-line or at the Oakmont Administration Office at 50 East Eagle Road, Havertown, PA 19083 between the hours of 8:30-4:15pm, Monday through Friday. (Summer hours, 8:30-3:45pm). For more information, please call (610) 853-5900 (Sheron ext. 7000).
Get Application Here
Instructions on filling-out work permit application:
BLUE TRANSFERABLE PERMIT IS NOW ISSUED TO ALL APPLICANTS AGES 14-17. Student must complete highlighted area in Section A & parent in Section B.* When a parent/guardian is acquiring working paper without the student present, parent/guardian must sign the APPLICATION which the school district keeps on file for when the student returns with their I.D.
* If parent/guardian accompanies the student, parent/guardian must sign the completed APPLICATION for the student to receive the work permit with a form of an I.D. Student ID: Legal documentation showing the minor's birth date(i.e. birth certificate, driver's license/learner's permit, passport, baptismal certificate or student school I.D.).
Important Notice: Any student hired by the Haverford Township School District must get a TB(Tuberculosis) test as a requirement for employment.Bureau of Labor Law Compliance
1301 Labor & Industry Building
Seventh & Forster Streets
Harrisburg, PA 17120-0019
Telephone: 1-800-932-0665 & 717-787-4860
This information is required for compliance under the Pennsylvania Child Labor Law Act of 1915, P.L. 286, No. 177.