These are some of the great things that are happening in the School District of Haverford Township!
Follow@HaverfordSD, @MaureenReusche, @SDHTBUS and all of our schools on Twitter to get current news and updates.
• The HIQ team was crowned National Champions! They were victorious in a match against high schools from Alabama, Wisconsin and Washington. They will be honored at the annual Partner’s in Education Celebration, Thursday, April 27 at Drexelbrook.
• AP Art Show was held Saturday, March 18th. The event was a big success! Over 400 people attended and $1,400 was raised for the animals at Providence Animal Center.
• 400 members of the Class of 2018 visited 12 colleges during the 1st Annual College Road Trip on March 23rd. The slideshow can be viewed on the HS website.
• 23 students were inducted into the Delaware County Vocational and Technical Honor Society.
• College and Career Fair was held on April 5th with over with over 70 representatives from colleges, universities, military, and vocational schools. College Bound Student-Athlete night was also held on April 5th.
• 17 qualifying students from Haverford FBLA attended their State Leadership Conference earlier this week to compete against the top students in PA, for their chance to qualify for Nationals. They also received 2 Chapter Awards at the State Leadership Conference: 4th Place - Top Community Service Hours (with 1,711 hour logged) and 8th Place - Top Fundraising Chapter ($1595 State Project Donation - thanks to the school-wide Dodgeball Tournament!)
• 7th Heaven was invited by the Philadelphia Phillies to sing the National Anthem on April 9th at 1:35 PM.
• The Hope Olympics raised over $59K for Bringing Hope Hope, a non-profit organization that provides unexpected amazingness to local families with cancer through financial and emotional support. The reveal video is posted on the website and Twitter.
• Student Ambassadors at Lynnewood Elementary sponsored a coin drive that raised $3056.53 in 5 days to help fight childhood cancer and donated it to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation.
• Our Elementary schools participated The Reading Olympics Competition and brought home blue and red ribbons.